Restoring Our Womanhood

Scrap of Faith is a Christian Crafting Site dedicated to inspiring women in their faith and in their hobbies.

Each month a new theme will be posted, with verses to encourage, with challenges to inspirire you both in your faith and in your craft. We hope that you will jump on board the journey of Restoring your Womanhood and that God will use these challanges to draw us closer to Him and also give us a purpose in our roles.

We would love to hear from those who are following along so please leave a comment, and share a link to your blog :-) Also on the Scrap of Faith forum there is a weekly thread for encouraging each other through the journey.


Thursday, September 03, 2009

Week 8 - Trust

I know so many times in my life when I'm struggling it's often because of one simple reason. I failed to trust God :( I know when He is speaking to me, giving me direction, but often I fail to do my bit. Today I had a big realisation that these acts of "going my own way" are based on my failure to trust God and His plan for me. The laziness and the dragging my heals are rooted in not Trusting Him to make my paths straight. And what's shocking is I never thought I had a trust issue. :roll:

Verses : 2 Samuel 7:28 O Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant.

Psalm 9:10 Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Psalm 62:8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah
John 14:1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me.

Prayer : Ask God to show you the areas in your life where you have failed to Trust Him. Ask for forgiveness in not handing over the control to Him.

Application: Identify those areas in your life where you have doubted God, gotten impatient that He hasn't moved yet, or you have failed to move on His calling.

No comments: