Restoring Our Womanhood

Scrap of Faith is a Christian Crafting Site dedicated to inspiring women in their faith and in their hobbies.

Each month a new theme will be posted, with verses to encourage, with challenges to inspirire you both in your faith and in your craft. We hope that you will jump on board the journey of Restoring your Womanhood and that God will use these challanges to draw us closer to Him and also give us a purpose in our roles.

We would love to hear from those who are following along so please leave a comment, and share a link to your blog :-) Also on the Scrap of Faith forum there is a weekly thread for encouraging each other through the journey.


Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Creating Again

Aren't we so blessed to have a Creator God who loves us and created us in His image?

I so love being creative, taking raw materials and making something beautiful with my hands ... but somehow I'd forgotten the joy that being creative brings ... and I'd allowed the busy-ness of life to stop me from taking time to create.

So in the last week I've made time ... and I've found that creative happy place again ... and the best part about that ... it's a place closer to God too.I've had these photos sitting in a pile waiting to be scrapped for some time now. Every time I flicked through that pile I saw the long grass and thought of the story of Ruth in the Bible, so I decided that my journaling for this layout should be about that.

I've always loved the part of the story where Ruth declares that she will follow Naomi ... "where you go, I will go, your people will be my people and your God, my God" but as you read further into the story you realise that life wasn't suddenly going to become easy for Ruth after making this decision. She ended up out in the fields gathering left over grain just so she and Naomi could eat. And it's these words from Boaz that make me realise just how hard it was for Ruth... "May the Lord repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the Lord under whose wings you have come to take refuge." Ruth 2:12

And the Lord did reward Ruth ... she went on to become the great, great, great (and lots more greats) ...... Grandmother of Jesus our Lord and Saviour ... now that's some reward!

1 comment:

lusi said...

That is a great story and a beautiful layout Bev!
Love Lus x