Restoring Our Womanhood

Scrap of Faith is a Christian Crafting Site dedicated to inspiring women in their faith and in their hobbies.

Each month a new theme will be posted, with verses to encourage, with challenges to inspirire you both in your faith and in your craft. We hope that you will jump on board the journey of Restoring your Womanhood and that God will use these challanges to draw us closer to Him and also give us a purpose in our roles.

We would love to hear from those who are following along so please leave a comment, and share a link to your blog :-) Also on the Scrap of Faith forum there is a weekly thread for encouraging each other through the journey.


Wednesday, March 04, 2009

9
Getting the show on the road again :-)
9
Last year I was so very blessed to have a weekend course in Spiritual Warfare paid for me. I'll be honest, I was hesitant about going, it all on the surface appeared a bit "freaky" to me and I was getting more and more weary about going as the time grew closer. I rang Tracey (who has had training in this area) for some confirmation as to if I should do this course or not. Tracey in her wisdom said "Take it to the Lord in prayer". So I threw out the fleece I asked the Lord to blatantly show me in His word if this was something I should do or not. God presented me with John 3. The whole verse is about how the Pharisees could only understand the written word and not the things beyond that, about the Spiritual matters about the work that Christ had come to do, about things not of this world. I read the verse to Mark, I had my confirmation to go.
88
That weekend has changed so many things for us. I really tried to shut out the enemy and "ignore" Him, but the verse really struck out for me is 1 Peter 5:8-11 8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen. You don't walk through the jungle that has a lion in it hoping that if you ignore it it will go away. That strategy wasn't going to work anymore.

8


As time goes on and things aren't "going to plan" or life appears not to be following God's path I now look to Spiritual causes, not just brush it off to "that's life". Often it has really made me ask the question "What does God have planed and what is the enemy wanting to stop Him achieving, why is he diverting my eyes from the Lord?" If I had never been made aware of the enemy and his tactics, I honestly don't think I would be sitting here writing this post from our new home. God called us to buy a house after Nov 08 and we were putting it off. I was suffering bleeding with my pregnancy, Cowper's bone marrow stopped working, Holly's eczema went through the roof & Mark for the first time suffered a bad back. We allowed these things to put us off house hunting. How could we contemplate a move to the country with all this going on? We took a break over the summer and started asking the Lord what He thought about all this and why were we facing all of these issues. The message became clear, we were under enemy attack. But why us??? What did God have in store for us that the enemy was so desperate to stop? The only thing we could think of was buying a home. We committed to each other there and then that the first thing we did when we got home was start looking.
8


We get in the driveway we open the mailbox and there is a letter saying that in 6wks time our rent was going up $40 a week!! We both looked at each other and said "I think God wants us to get a move on!" The day we signed the contract on the house my bleeding which had been consistent for over a month stopped and hasn't returned, PRAISE THE LORD. Cowper's blood has been normal, we've been making progress with Holly's skin & Mark's back finally started to heal. Just think if we had ignored the enemy pretended he wasn't there, we'd still be living in the city, all having health issues and paying more in rent. PRAISE THE LORD for His love and guidance.
8
But the verse doesn't promise happiness and joy ASAP it says "after you have suffered for a while" the enemy has still put up obstacles along the way, he's made us doubt our ability to pay for move, feed the family etc etc, but God did promise to always provide and indeed He has! We made the move with me 34wks pregnant. God gave me strength that I never knew I had. Instead of feeling tired and worn out, I'm feeling fitter, stronger and healthier than I have before. Imagine feeling that way after having a pregnancy that was so troubling!!
8


So now when life feels like it's hitting the skids I kind of get excited. I think "HA enemy, if you're up to something, then God is too!!" and I divert my eyes on the Lord. "Resist him, standing firm in the faith" It's not a time to hide or get angry with God or just wallow in our own suffering it's time to STAND FIRM. And God has promised us he will provide the strength to fight.
8
So now I look to 2009 and I am really excited about what is in store. I think of all the things that have been happening in the lives of our SoF HQ from Dec 08 till now; Tracey and her DH taking on more prayer ministry hours and the impact that has on the family; Karen's change from being an RLO officer that past 15yrs to that chapter now ending and no more kids at school. Ro now having all her kids at school. Lara and her work changes this year from having been at play centre to now going back to teaching. Bev also having all her kids at school. Gail and last year the Lord led her to withdraw from the theatre which had been such a big part of her life, and being there for her extended family as they face some major health issues. In some way we are all facing some big changes as 2009 gets underway.
8


So that leads me to the theme for March 2009. I can't think of a general "name" for the theme, but in your scrapping this month and in your bible reading, focus on God's plans for you and if they've been smooth sailing or if the enemy has jumped in and had a real go at stopping them.
8


Some possible layout ideas could be:
8
"When the Enemy Attacks"
"God's plan for 2009"
"Changes"
"Lord what do you want from me?"
"Tips for enemy attack" with journaling prompts about what you would do to stop this, kind of like a survival guide.
8
Don't forget to share your layouts with us.
8
Here's my efforts so far. I've Used Willro&co "Quality Time" kit.
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8

8
8

88
Journaling reads: Your perfect will and timing Lord won in the end. You told us to buy a house after Nov. 08, and the enemy put in a good effort to stop it. He used bleeding during mypregnancy, Cowper’s TEC, Holly’s eczema and Mark’s back. We are so thankful that we turned to you Lord and you got us back on track, and brought us here to Mt. Colliery.Your Timing,Your House for Us, Your Abundant Blessing, Your Victory!
9
Watch this space over the next few days for better uploading of challenge entries.

And Don't Forget... Cyber Crop/Chat this Saturday March 8th, 7pm QLD time in MSN. To join in add sofaugust2007@hotmail.com as a contact.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fabulous entry Sal!!! Praise the Lord for everything you have been through and learned and are now able to share with others! What a beautiful and encouraging testimony. And you even gave me a LO idea! I am so glad you are in the new house and that things are beginning to look better for all of you. Love ya! =0)