Restoring Our Womanhood

Scrap of Faith is a Christian Crafting Site dedicated to inspiring women in their faith and in their hobbies.

Each month a new theme will be posted, with verses to encourage, with challenges to inspirire you both in your faith and in your craft. We hope that you will jump on board the journey of Restoring your Womanhood and that God will use these challanges to draw us closer to Him and also give us a purpose in our roles.

We would love to hear from those who are following along so please leave a comment, and share a link to your blog :-) Also on the Scrap of Faith forum there is a weekly thread for encouraging each other through the journey.


Wednesday, July 23, 2008



*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Here's my take on the sketch. I see a lot of us are loving this one :) The "dude" in the photos is my little man Alec, he's 3 and a typical 3 year old, and makes a best friend out of anyone he meets ;-)
*
*
*
Giving Thanks in All Things

Mark and I have five kids and we both feel that our family is done, however neither of us is ready to take the step and get an operation to make it that way, we feel that if we take that step we are saying to God “We don’t trust you with this aspect of our lives”.

This decision brings about a dance every month. I fully stress out that I’m pregnant, I get freaked out with Mark that “We did all the right things, YOU must have sperm that live FOREVER just waiting!!”, and I get angry with God and say “YOU know the desires of my heart, why would you give me another kid when we have 5 & we are happy with 5?”. Then I feel guilty for blaming everyone that I “might” be pregnant and then I think of all my friends who struggle to fall pregnant, & then I say, “Lord what is going on here?”

This silly dance happens for about 3 days every month. It’s in those days that I think, well perhaps one of us should get the operation, that would solve this and we wouldn’t do this dance every month. Then I worry that I am letting the enemy fill my head with thoughts of not being able to trust God, would I then forever be questioning myself about the decision. How could I look God in the eye and say “I couldn’t trust you?”

I then come to a realisation that as agonising as this dance is each month, I’m actually really thankful for it. Each month I get angry frustrated and scared, all the “What if” questions fill my mind and after a time God always wins me back. It’s like falling securely into his arms and snuggling in there and saying “I know you are looking after me, and what ever happens this month, I know it’s Your Will and I know that’s the perfect solution and I know I’m okay with that.”

No matter how hectic my life is, no matter how little time I’ve spent with God for the month, we always have this time together, this check up of “I’m still here, I’m still in control, do you still love and trust me?”, and the answer is always “Yes Lord I do.”

So three days of freaking out every month is a bit funny to be thankful for, but I am just so thankful that God is in control, that HIS WILL IS PERFECT and I am just so amazed and in awe that each month He grabs my attention and alerts me to the fact.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
*
*
*

No comments: