Restoring Our Womanhood

Scrap of Faith is a Christian Crafting Site dedicated to inspiring women in their faith and in their hobbies.

Each month a new theme will be posted, with verses to encourage, with challenges to inspirire you both in your faith and in your craft. We hope that you will jump on board the journey of Restoring your Womanhood and that God will use these challanges to draw us closer to Him and also give us a purpose in our roles.

We would love to hear from those who are following along so please leave a comment, and share a link to your blog :-) Also on the Scrap of Faith forum there is a weekly thread for encouraging each other through the journey.


Sunday, April 13, 2008


oooh, my first post on the SOF blog, very exciting!

Well... it's all about 'the biggest lesson God has taught me'... only, he's still teaching me! I'm a bit slow... but his word teaches that He will finish the work He has begun in me (Philippians 1:6).

The Big lesson I want to share with you is that It's not about us!!!
This was said during open worship time at Church last Sunday and is one of the 'biggest lessons' God has to teach me over & over again - Yep, still going. With this thought in mind I was reminded of Rick Warren's 'Purpose Driven Life' book where the opening chapter is all about this. The first chapter is titled 'It all starts with God' and the first two paragraphs read:
It's not about you.
The purpose of your life is far greater than your own personal fulfillment, your peace of mind, or even your happiness. It's far greater than your family, your career, or even your wildest dreams and ambitions. If you want to know why you were placed on this planet, you must begin with God. You were born by his purpose and for his purpose.

The Bible talks of 'loosing my life for His sake' & tells me that I'll then find it... This verse has stuck with me since I used to listen to it driving home from school or evenings out as a teenager (home was half an hour from town) in my wee '84' Mazda 323 about 17 years ago (I said it's a long time lesson). The song was by David Meece:

DAVID MEECE TO THE GLORY OF GOD LYRICS
For awhile it was fine, hearing the roar of the crowd,
For awhile it was mine, flying up over the clouds,
But then the sun melted my wings, now I’m on my knees.
To the glory of God,
Next time I fly it will be to the glory of God,
I want my life just to be to the glory of God.
And once I used to ride off to war,There was glory to win, thought I knew what it was for,
But most of the battles were mine; and now so is the pain.
To the glory of God
Next time I fight it will be to the glory of God,
I want my life just to be to the glory of God,
To be to the glory of God.
They say the man that finds his life will lose it, and mine was slipping away,
But, oh, the man that has the faith to lose it will find that his life is saved.
To the glory of God,

Next time I fly it will be to the glory of God,
I want my whole life to be to the glory of God,
Next time I fight it will be to the glory of God,
I want my whole life to be to the glory of God,
Next time I fly it will be to the glory of God,(fade)

It's not about me,
It's about Him!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

That's a great (and timely) reminder Lara. Thnaks so much!!! It's something I'm sure we all need to work on from time to time. Love your layout!!!

Jas xx