Restoring Our Womanhood

Scrap of Faith is a Christian Crafting Site dedicated to inspiring women in their faith and in their hobbies.

Each month a new theme will be posted, with verses to encourage, with challenges to inspirire you both in your faith and in your craft. We hope that you will jump on board the journey of Restoring your Womanhood and that God will use these challanges to draw us closer to Him and also give us a purpose in our roles.

We would love to hear from those who are following along so please leave a comment, and share a link to your blog :-) Also on the Scrap of Faith forum there is a weekly thread for encouraging each other through the journey.


Monday, April 28, 2008

The greatest lesson God has taught me was a threefold lesson in listening, obeying and trusting Him.


God had for some time trying to tell me I was in a place where he did not want me to be, but I kept ignoring his small still voice for some years until it became a total conviction that I wasn't where he wanted me to be. Once I realised this I had to make a choice to either obey him or to keep living in disobedience. To obey him I had to withdraw from a committment I had made and really felt that I was going to let many people down, this was where step three came into being. TRUST me, God said. I did trust him, stepped out in Faith & obedience and those involved were incredibly understanding even though they couldn't really understand my reasoning for leaving. BUT the best part was yet to come.


Out of my eventual obedience came incredible blessing, beyond what I could ever had imagined. Within a month of leaving Music Hall Sal invited me to be a part of the Scrap Of Faith Design team AND I had 3 of my altered tins accepted for publishing in Handmade magazine.


The above LO celebrates my journey of Listening, obeience and trust and YES great blessings. So really this was a fourfold lesson. The verse that came to me again and again through all of this journey was "Be still and Know I am God" Psalm 46:10a.


The OTP project for this month is a memory box to store those little life lessons that God loves to share with us.This box is lined inside and has a felt base and decorated cards waiting for those lessons to be written up.

Download the full instructions here

No comments: