Restoring Our Womanhood

Scrap of Faith is a Christian Crafting Site dedicated to inspiring women in their faith and in their hobbies.

Each month a new theme will be posted, with verses to encourage, with challenges to inspirire you both in your faith and in your craft. We hope that you will jump on board the journey of Restoring your Womanhood and that God will use these challanges to draw us closer to Him and also give us a purpose in our roles.

We would love to hear from those who are following along so please leave a comment, and share a link to your blog :-) Also on the Scrap of Faith forum there is a weekly thread for encouraging each other through the journey.


Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Two for One!



This layout is based on this months sketch by Patter Cross. I've used one larger photo instead of two smaller ones and flipped the body of the sketch so that it better suited the balance of my photo.

I also used the verse from this month ' ... whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.' 1 Corinthians 10:31

This is a verse I've been thinking a lot about recently, especially in relation to 'my job' as a Mum. The hidden journalling explains some of my thoughts.

"Raising you three is my job. It's my job to teach you right from wrong. To instruct you in using good manners, to be polite, to blow your nose and use please and thank-you. It's my job to provide for your needs, to dress you well and feed you good food. It's my job to talk to you about God and help you to love Him too. It's my job to read to you, to fill your minds with good things. It's my job to send you to school and help you do your homework, to provide you with experiences to expand your world. It's my job to hold your hand when crossing the street, to cuddle you when you need it and apply sticking plasters when required. Whatever part of my job that I'm doing, I do it all for the glory of my God. That's my job."

Sounds like a pretty awesome job don't you think?

Don't forget that challenges for this month are due on 3 October ...

No comments: