Restoring Our Womanhood

Scrap of Faith is a Christian Crafting Site dedicated to inspiring women in their faith and in their hobbies.

Each month a new theme will be posted, with verses to encourage, with challenges to inspirire you both in your faith and in your craft. We hope that you will jump on board the journey of Restoring your Womanhood and that God will use these challanges to draw us closer to Him and also give us a purpose in our roles.

We would love to hear from those who are following along so please leave a comment, and share a link to your blog :-) Also on the Scrap of Faith forum there is a weekly thread for encouraging each other through the journey.


Thursday, March 27, 2008


Although this layout meets one of the March challenges of scrapbooking a layout using the verse from Jeremiah 29:11, this layout was initially done for a circle journal for one of the Girls at Scrap of Faith. I had to share a defining Moment. There has been many defining moments in my life but one of the real defining moments for me this year has been taking hold of this the verses in Jeremiah 29: 11-12 and applying them to my life.
This verse has meant a lot to me this year. It seems that God is constantly impressing it on my mind reminding me almost daily that he really does know me and knows what is best for my life. After a very difficult year at work last year, I was excited and relieved to hear that I was being transferred into the library at school at the start of 2008. I was excited and praising God all through my Christmas holidays as this was definitely a miracle and an answer to prayer, because when I initially applied I was told that it was not possible for me to have the position.

By the time I got back from holidays I had heard that the girl I was replacing was coming back to school and the position would only be available for a month. I was devastated and literally cried out to God because I honestly had no idea how I was going to survive this year, if I had to go back to my previous position. After spending a week of feeling quite depressed about the whole situation, I was sitting in Church on Sunday 20th January this year crying out to God letting him know that I did not know how I was going to survive when He impressed this verse on my heart – it was almost like I heard him audibly say the words of Jeremiah 29:11 -12.

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

This verse has become a life verse for me in the last couple of months for it seems that weekly God is constantly bringing it to my attention and reminding me that He is faithful and in control, and that what ever He calls me to do, even if it means that I have to go back to my former position than it is His plan for my life. I can trust that where ever He places me, His grace will be sufficient for me. It never ceases to amaze me the lengths that God has gone to, to reinforce this verse in my life. One of the challenges at Scrap of Faith this month was to create a layout using this verse, just this last week, I have read two different novels, and this verse was used in both books and literally jumped off the page at me. It has been read from the pulpit in church and I received a card from a friend with same verse in it. God has left me in no doubt that I can have confidence that, regardless of the circumstances in my life, that God has a plan for me, and His plan has a purpose to fulfil and what ever that it, it is ultimately to prosper me and not harm me, it is to give me a hope and a future and I can confidently put my trust in God each and every day to carry out His plan for my life.
Updated:
P.S. After posting here this evening about how God has been really reinforcing these couple of verses to me during the past couple of months, I have just been and checked out the SALT blog and what should I read. What an awesome God we serve - a God who is definately in control of all things.

No comments: